Sunday 6 November 2011

Gone to the Dogs part 1

    The Q: "I love your blog.  I’m getting married to my dogs’ vet in June.  We met 3 years ago when I took my dog to him at the clinic. His 3 dogs and my dog make a perfect family. We are getting married at my family’s Inn overlooking the water on cape cod.  Teal Blue is my main cheap cocktail dresses  color and thinking of using bright hot pink flowers (fusia color) as accents.
     Question 1:  I love how you tied in the NY program and taxi cabs in your wedding.  Do you have any cool ideas to tie in our love of our dog family without being tacky or cheesy. I had hand painted invitation made that incorpated our fury friends and I was thinking of using their small dog figurines on top of the wedding cake instead of a bride and groom.  One of the well behaved dogs might be in the ceremony. Maybe that’s enough…but if you have any cool ideas please let me know….." The A: Your story made me SOOO happy when I read it, I had to post on your first question right away!  Your meeting is like an awesome romantic comedy.  It combines two things that I love: romantic meetings and dogs!!!! So, you don’t want to go toooo overboard on the dog stuff, but I think you have room for a couple more things without it getting crazy.  I think your current touches are very sweet and appropriate: personal discount cocktail dresses  details without become distracting.  So, here are some more ideas along those lines: If you haven’t mailed your invites, consider photo stamping your furry family for postage- either on the outgoing or for the RSVP card.  We did this with Chelsea, the adorable poodle mix for one of our clients last year.  I love photo stamps as a way of generally cheering up postage.
     I’m also personally offended by the current wedding stamps. they are formal cocktail dresses  sooooo boring.  (BRING BACK THE KISSING BLUEBIRDS!!!!) Another thought is for your favors.  I don’t know what you were thinking, but as well documented here, I LOVE edible favors.  How about biscuit shaped cookies???  Or Doggie Silhouettes?

No comments:

Post a Comment