Tuesday 8 November 2011

Hickey Lip

     I don’t usually post on Sunday, but a crazy, personal flashback discount cocktail dresses  just hit me that I HAD to share. I’m sitting in the hallway of my high school (Edward R. Murrow, we sat in the hallway there. very experimental) eating a chicken cutlet parm on a bagel, drinking a Crystal Pepsi and doing my homework at the last minute. I stop to ponder “The Assistant” while sucking on the glass bottle when, OMG, my lip gets stuck in the bottle. Yes. It happened. I enlisted some help and, moments later, a POP and…….
     Hickey Lip! I gave myself a HICKY on my OWN LIPS! How MORTIFYING. Fast forward to 2008. Just a random Sunday, sitting here, writing (exciting project… I’ll keep you posted on details!) and drinking my beloved Smart Water…… A moment of writer’s block and suddenly…… YES, my upper lip was ONCE AGAIN SUCKED INTO THE BOTTLE. This time I managed to wrangle it out myself, but, alas, the results are the same. I have a hickey lip. Luckily this time, it’s giving me more formal cocktail dresses  of a “I drank too much red wine at a party” look, or like, Wet and Wild lip liner applied poorly. Never the less, 15 years later, still mortifying. :-)
     Adam Batt of Jersey Street Furniture  (lower the volume if you’re at work!) sent me these really beautiful photos of a wedding he worked on with David Tutera.  Jersey Street serves more than jersey and they have an amazing selection.  This wedding is pretty fantastic! It will be featured on shop cocktail dresses  Tutera’s new show "My Fair Wedding".  Check it out for inspiration.  I think the airiness of the glass vases is my favorite part!

No comments:

Post a Comment